Saturday, September 1, 2012

People Watching





















Last weekend was the the last (I think) national surf tournament to determine just who will be on the current Costa Rica team.  The event was held in Playa Hermosa, just up the highway about 15 minutes.  On Saturday, I had seen Brett earlier in the day and he asked if I wanted to go.  Duh.......

By the time we got there it was about 3ish and low tide.  I am not sure what was going on, but at that particular time - not very much.  The waves were a mess, no competing surfers were in the water.  However, there was a ton of people on the beach.  Almost immediately I saw my friends Sunny and Jessica - both from Hermosa.  I waved hello and they beaconed us to join.  They were posted up next to their cooler full of beers and goodies - brownies, banana bread, a few other things Jessica was selling.  Boy did we score!

The photos have very little to do with surfing but are what I took just sitting there - people just hanging and a lot of skin.  The cute couple in orange and pink are friends Manny & Juli from EO.  Enjoy!

Pura Vida

No comments: