Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pavones











































































Sunday afternoon Kealy and Brett showed up at my house asking me if I would like to join them and Aaron on a surf trip to Pavones - not to surf... but to take photos.  Pavones is way south - close to the Panamanian border.  It is one of Costa Rica's most famous surf breaks offering one of the world's longest lefts.  Surf reports were indicating "epic" swell - How could I resist???

Five very fun filled days traveling with these guys - sharing the same room - eating and drinking.  Sure enough Pavones came thru and I was in awe for 3 intense days of great surf.  Legend Mike was staying at the same place as us.  George Murdock and his friend Anthony showed up on Wednesday.  Saw another friend Jessica from Hermosa on the beach taking photos. That night we threw another mattress down on our floor for George, Anthony slept in the storage room as most of the small town of Pavones was full.  All along the way we met other new friends :)

On this trip I saw some of the most beautiful surf I have ever seen.  The weather was perfect, the company easy to hang with and always entertaining.  Pavones was at its' best - breathtaking!!

Thanks guys - I am grateful I got to go with!!!

Pura Vida

1 comment:

katemeri said...

Beautiful photos Pat!