Tuesday, October 22, 2013

La Sirena - Part 2 - After

When the foundation project began I was house sitting up on Canada Hill.  The morning after the frames had been placed and concrete poured, high tide was about 8 am so I came down about 9ish to see what was going on.  When I got to the beach - the first thing I saw was splintered boards ON the beach.  The water was still high but it looked to me like most of the concrete had stuck...but not all of it.  I had a moment of panic.....

I left to find Brett - Not sure how I missed him but by the time I got back, there he was standing next to La Sirena with guys swimming in the water.  I was so upset, I headed back up the hill to have a very large cup of coffee with a lot of Bailey's.

Several hours later, I headed back down.  All the guys were working away, new frames had been set up and there was Flaco doing his magic - working the fresh concrete, brushing the top so there would be texture when it dried.  No one was upset, they were just getting it done.

The weekend came and work stopped - too many people who want to see her.  Several more days of work - then another weekend.  Now - all 4 sides are complete - the front needs a touch up, hopefully that will happen before this weekend.  Dieter has been doing a kitchen re-model in his own house and has not been out for a month now.  Hopefully......this Saturday.

Little by little, we are getting there - however- the foundation was a biggie!  Still have to clean her up and find a way to fix the arm. There is a chance Abilio will be here soon.  I have a number of things to discuss with him.....

Back on Jan 1st - the very day Abilio asked me and Elizabeth if we would help fix her.......had I any idea I would still be dealing with this 10 1/2 months later......not sure I would have taken it on.  But I did and I will follow thru.  However......heads up - I am returning to California the end of November for.....3 months.  The good news is.....she is not going anywhere, the damage will not get worse, with what has already been done.....La Sirena will be around for a very long time.

Pura Vida
































No comments: