Monday, August 12, 2013

La Sirena....Slowly But Surely

The following is the e-mail I sent out this morning to the many people who are helping to fund the La Sirena Project:

Yes, It has been awhile since I have been in contact but that is simply because nothing has been happening.

As I have mentioned in the past, Dieter - the german welder lives in Jaco and can only work on La Sirena on Saturday mornings - low tide.  At best, we have 2 mornings of opportunity per month.  In the past month and a half, one of those days was the end of a busy national holiday (school break for the kids) and the other...it rained.  On top of that, Dieter did come on a Saturday I was not prepared for.  That morning it was raining, but suddenly cleared. I didn't think he would come so I didn't show up or prepare to have a helper - my bad!

However - He was here on Saturday.  My regular helper was not available nor could I find anyone else to help - so I carried the supplies and managed the generator myself.  

Our beautiful Sirena - She just sits there patiently, watching the world go by, looking forward to the next time loving hands provide the promise of many more years of her amazing presence :)

Pura Vida
Mainor just coming in from fishing in his boat.
















No comments: