Saturday, January 8, 2011

We've Got Waves........






























Thursday - About 4ish I head down to the beach - my side of town where the fisherman launch.  I'm thinking high tide has got to be close to 4pm and maybe I can surf today.  For the past several days, tide was mid day and very wishy washy - not for me.  As I get close, I see Debbie and for a few minutes we stand talking about the day as we watch the Costa Rican Airforce fly above us in uniform.  She's gonna just chill on the beach so I continue on.  Then I take notice of wave conditions and stop in my sandy beach tracks.  The waves are beautiful and huge - not the usual January much smaller waves. I see Cali and Danny walking towards me - boards in hand - on their way out.  Both these guys are on our CR national surf team and they are GOOD!  Now I am totally consumed by what is going on.  This is an Epic day!  Sure enough all those who can really surf are out there.  And the best part about that was I knew most of them. For the next hour and a half I am in the presence of the best show in town or anywhere else for that matter.  I tried to capture the moment but with my small camera.... not even close.  There was one particular set that was HUGE.  Some caught it.....others were scrambling.  I cannot even begin to explain how exciting all this was.  The photos can show the beauty of the day but no way can they depict the excitement and greatness of this one afternoon.  Pura Vida at its' best!

No comments: