Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pink Waves




High tide Monday was 5:15 pm. I had heard the waves were gonna be big and thought I would be on the beach early to catch whatever action was happening. Well.....I got caught up catching up with my good friend Kristy Raihn who is back here in EO getting her beautiful house on the hill ready to rent. It was their cabina I lived the first ever 4 months of my life here in Costa Rica. Kristy and her family are now back in Santa Barbara so the girls can attend school there. Their renters for the past year recently had to make an unexpected return to the states and thus Kristy is here getting the house ready to show. It was so wonderful spending about 2 hours sitting under the rancho by the pool telling each other's story. By the time I left it was late afternoon. I stopped at Brett's to check internet and got caught up in all that. By the time I got to the beach, it was getting late. The waves were big and I was told I had missed a great show by some of our local surfers - over head waves for sure......but - what I did managed to see and get was a few photos not of the sun setting, but the sun light reflecting off the clouds in the east. The waves had a pink glow as did everything. Simply beautiful. Pura Vida

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally awesome! Thanks for sharing. You have captured the beauty just perfectly even though there are no words to describe it just right, the feeling comes through with your words. And those who have not experienced it will just have to come and see for themselves because it is truly a special place and you of course are too!!! Meg