Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In Search of Waves.....

Living in Costa Rica, one of the top of my list most favorite things to do is a road trip - especially a surf road trip.  On this day, we had several destinations in mind but really had no idea of where we would end up.  I was in the car with Kealy, Des and Jeff - Joe, Pelon, Mike and Steve right behind us. We checked out Aguas, then Barranca before we saw way in the distance.....waves breaking at Corralillo.  

Corralillo is my most favorite waves outside of Esterillos despite the fact it is a left - which I still can't surf - but amazingly thru the years I have managed to pull it off a time or two and have a great time.  For this trip I did't have my board.  I wasn't feeling strong enough to deal with it and besides.....I really wanted to just take photos for the guys.

Despite the 45 minute walk in, getting there a little too late (this wave works best at low-incoming tide) and Red Tide - which was nasty - all the guys caught great waves and a wonderful time was had by all.  On the way back, we all stopped at Tico Tico - the traditional restaurant stop after Corralillo.  Jeff had seafood soup with coconut milk - of course, he shared, we agreed - the best Seafood Soup EVER!!

Pura Vida

















































































No comments: