Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just Dreaming.........










I now have my house up for sale, considering just what to do next.  In 2006, I came to Costa Rica for 3 months - that turned into 6 years - with 60 just around the corner....... thinking, thinking, thinking.  The wind is shifting - time for a change in my life!

Last night I got home from a 3 day trip south with my tico friend Gustavo.

Gustavo grew up in the mountain city San Isidro - just a little over 2 hours from where I now live.  San Isidro is large but very spread out and nothing like San Jose.  It is at the base of the Costa Rica's highest mountain - Mt. Chirripo, which I actually climbed back in 2008.

We left early Monday morning.  He needed to take his car to his mechanic for some major work, so after he dropped me off at my hotel, he told me he would see me the next morning.  Bright and early Tuesday, we headed out.  The very first place he showed me........after all that followed.......and to this very moment - this is what I am now obsessing about.

The property is about 20 minutes out of town.  It is about an acre and 1/2 land with a small tico house that would need to be replaced.  There is a pasture in front perfect for my 2 horses which I will have someday, and plenty of room for my future dogs :)  Access to the property is very easy and will be no problem at all with my new Toyota truck :)

When we pulled up to the house I was checking out the pasture - all that was growing - fruit trees, peppers, etc, etc and then we headed down the hill - a very short walk to the river.  When we got out on the flat rocks overlooking a deep swimming hole, Gustavo pointed out the waterfall just up the river.  I swear my heart skipped a beat when I saw it........and to this very moment sitting here in my house - I WANT it!!!

Don't you hate it when you find something you really want - but don't have the money!!  By next week I will have made all my realtor contacts, flyers posted, 4 sale sign up.......I'm going for it and if that property is still available when this house sells - you will all be invited to the house warming party :)

Pura Vida

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Promises, promises, promises on the party. Still waiting for you to come visit us and see all the changes.

xoxo,
marty and family