Saturday, April 9, 2011

Manuel de San Antonio




















2 Weeks ago - Sunday morning, Eleanor asks me if I want to join her and another woman named Pat.....to go for a ride in the mountains to one of our favorite places - San Antonio.  The first time I made this trip was with El back in early 2007.  I have loved it ever since.  Costa Rica is awesome but once you get off the paved roads, it become magical......seriously.  Anyway - she tells me there is a wood carver in San Antonio that carves "creatures" out of fallen trees.  You don't have to ask me twice to join in an adventure and off the 3 of us went.  Even after she told me kinda what to expect......I had no idea it would be this.  Manuel is a very humble artist.  He told us the creations come from his dreams - seems pretty scary to me - but not to him.  The most amazing one is the crocodile "dinosaur". My guess is - it is about 40 feet long - carved from one single tree.  Check out the photos.....wow!

1 comment:

Tica Macha said...

I LOVE that place!!!