Monday, May 6, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

Yesterday was May 5th and for many of us from the states -like California.....this is a huge holiday.  Since I currently have Adam staying with me who has hispanic heritage and Brooke and Craig are back in town - Craig the same as Adam.....I decided to ask Adam to cook for us.....and cook he did - Enchiladas, fried rice and beans, awesome guacamole.  One the biggest things I miss most living here in Costa Rica is mexican food.  Adam was on it!  Long before that...about 5 pm a huge storm rolled in.  I was down on the beach taking photos of the cowgirls - Julia, Karen, Gry and Sunny just as it was arriving.  I managed to get home on my bike before being soaked - the riders were not so luck as they had over a mile to run down the beach back to the stable.  Meanwhile - up on the hill where Brooke and Craig are staying, not sure if this happened before or after their electricity went out - but Brooke managed to drop a cinder block on her small toe and had to go to Jaco - 20 minutes in the pitch black downpour....to get stitches.  I think it was Fred who took them in.....My development was the only place I am aware of that did not lose power - however - we did lose internet.  So, when Sunny arrived in a car, I was not aware of what was going on up on the hill but because of the rain sent her up to pick up Brooke and Craig.  She got there just as they were leaving.  

By the time Adam and I, along with Sunny and Francine sat down to eat, it was still raining it's ass off, lightening and thunder.  I had told Adam the thunder could be so loud it can shake one to the core and that is what we experienced last night.

Such a dramatic evening and night, but good friends sharing awesome food made it just one more Costa Rican experience we will never forget :)

Pura Vida









No comments: