Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Masterpiece in the Works
































My friend Peter from London has been in EO for 3 weeks and I have been a bad friend.  The time flew by so fast, plus they were gone for a few days, but I totally missed spending some fun quality time with him as I truly wanted.  He and his friend John, also from England, are leaving this afternoon.  So, yesterday, I made the trek up the hill to find them.  When I got to Eleanor's house, where they stayed, I was told they were working on an art project at Brigitte's - so off I went.

On top of the roof I found the guys with Brigitte and Carol, who amazingly has lived here for over a year, but is also from the same area in England as Peter.  All 4 were working together on an oil painting under Peter's guidance.  Back in London, Peter works with young children and teenagers. who are in the social services system, to teach them life skills.  Part of his therapy with the kids is by way of art.

By the time I got there they were well on their way.  They were doing a landscape of the view from the roof - the trees, the ocean, the sky.  About an hour of sunlight was all that was left but in that time I enjoyed the company of these 4, watched in awe as layer upon layer was added and the painting continued to transform.  As the sun was setting and the light fading, Peter signed his initials and has now turned the project over to Brigitte to finish.

Just this short amount of time on the roof with these amazing 4, was so inspiring.  I am so grateful I made the effort to catch up with them before the guys left and look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Pura Vida

No comments: