Sunday, August 14, 2011

Brooke and Craig - Back in EO














Brooke and Craig were in town this past week.  Unfortunately it was only week and that flew like the blink of an eye.  A college friend of Brooke's was also visiting CR with her family at Los Suenos, their former boss at Ron's Pizza in Jaco also wanted fair time and so they did a lot of going back and forth.  On top of that, Brooke was not feeling well the last 2 days here.

EO got the pleasure of meeting this awesome couple back in Feb. 2010 when they had rented their home in Phoenix and moved to Costa Rica for a year.  Unfortunately, that ended last August when their renter stopped paying the rent and they had to return to the states to deal with that.  Amazingly at the same time, their closest friends had moved to the central coast of California and long story short - they now live in Shell Beach which is about 10 minutes from where I lived for 30 years.  There is no better place they could have landed.

Still.....their dream is to live in Costa Rica.  Their short visit fanned the flame and I am certain they will be back as soon as possible.

Their presence enhanced the homesickness I have been dealing with for months.  Everytime I was with them was a reminder of the beautiful place I used to live.  I still love it here, but California is calling me back home even for just a short period.  When my house sells, a ticket will be purchased the same day.  Everyone please cross your fingers for me - I need a break from all this "Pura Vida" :)

No comments: