Friday, February 22, 2013

Rod and Reel vs. Hand Lines






























First thing this morning I sent Desirea an e-mail asking if she wanted to walk.  Immediately she let me know she and Kealy were headed out to fish at Punta Mala, and I was invited :)

Punta Mala is a 45 minute walk up the beach.  While I was waiting for them,  I shot the photo of Sunny and Harley on the beach and Mainor's boats in the morning sunlight.

On the way we passed an area where water often flows from the hills during the rainy season.  Right now it is very dry but apparently full of crocodiles....This was the most tracks I have ever seen there.  Crocs in the ocean the past few days and now here...yikes.

When we got out to the reef we were the only ones there who were not tico.  All the fishermen had hand lines which is the most common way to fish here.  Kealy was the only one with a rod.  Standing up high on the bluff, several times we saw a rooster headed for the bait but they just didn't hit.  When the reel started having an issue, we decided to call it quits.  On the way out, the guys - most of them I know.....wanted to show off their catch - all Roosters :)

This was one of those mornings, sitting in the sun with ocean slamming into the reef below, friends all around...the frigates and pelicans swarming above.... in that moment I took it all in, breathed deep, sent out a silent thank you for just being........

Pura Vida

No comments: