Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Oscarina


















Oscarina is a dog - But not just any dog - Oscarina is my BFF (Best Friend Forever :)

Oscarina belongs to Ozzie's mother Lea.  Last Sept, October, not sure when as the months here just slide together, Lea brought Oscarina to Esterillos and placed her in the care of Ozzie. Lea lives up in the mountains and apparently Oscarina was spending way too much time with the cows and coming home covered in mud and ticks - so....she was brought down here to the beach.  When I first saw Oscarina she wanted nothing to do with me or anyone else other than Ozzie.  I think she was just pissed at being re-located.  She knew Ozzie and stayed very close to him.  She would barely look at me or anyone else.

Shortly after her arrival - maybe 2 weeks later - Ozzie needed to leave town for about a week.  He asked me to "dog sit".  I was delighted.  In less than a week, Oscarina and I became best friends, so much so, for a number of weeks after when I stopped by the surf shop Ozzie co-owns....she would have to be restrained when I left.

This past week I had her again.  Every day was spent starting the morning out with a very long walk.  Every day is different but whatever I was doing, most of it she did with me.

This particular morning I was in search of sea glass.  The tide was low and on the way back home it was she who wanted to explore the reef - and so we did.

My Oscarina - I love her - and - she loves me!

Pura Vida

1 comment:

ScottyChid said...

Mom, I soooo miss my little wiener pups. This reminded me of Chester and Lola.