Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Rick






Rick is from Daytona Beach.  He and his lovely wife Ginny own a condo here in Esterillos practically right on the beach.  Rick has got to be my number one blog fan as he always tells me how much he enjoys it and misses it when I am too busy to deal with it.  This past week, Rick turned 50 something.....No big party, just the regular local gang at El Vago's to wish him well and share cake Ginny had made.

Rick and Ginny are one of the many couples who come and go.  This time, they arrived early December and will be here a full 90 days - their longest stay ever. Until this past November, Rick was an elected city councilman in Daytona.  Ginny has owned and operated a food stand on the beach for a number of years.  They have now let go of all that, sold their house and bought a 5th wheel (I think, at least something like that).  They will now live their lives between Florida and Costa Rica sharing a dream they have long planned for.

I simply love both of them and look forward to seeing them more often.  Ginny has spunk like no other I know.  I wish I could be more like her.  Rick is a surfer and has been most of his life.  When he is in the water - I feel safe.  When I want to get serious about catching a wave - I stalk him, but not to close.  He always encourages me on what to do, when to go.....I appreciate him more than he will ever know and thus........this blog is just for him!  Rick - Congratulations on reaching this well earned stage of your life.  May both you and Ginny have many, many years of living the life you have worked so hard to achieve!!  Pura Vida

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Great people, Rick and Ginni. I was so happy to meet them finally this Feb when we were there. Hope to see them and everyone else next year. Pura Vida!!